Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!
We’re excited to see you tomorrow for Diwali on Mt. Diablo as we light up our legs! The weather looks great, with a forecast of about 60F when we start and warming to about 70F by the end of our ride.
Here are your tips for tomorrow’s ride!
- The ride begins at 4000 Blackhawk Plaza Circle, Danville, CA 94506. We will depart from the Starbucks by 9 AM, so please arrive as early as you need to set up and be ready to roll.
- The route is 30 miles up and down the mountain. The first 15 miles scales almost 4,000 feet. Ride at a pace that will allow you to sustain this long climb. When we reach the top, we’ll take a group photo, and then the good news: the next 15 miles is a descent back to our start point.
- You can view and download the route here.
- Please bring:
- Layered clothing as it will likely be a little chilly to start, and potentially feel cold coming back down.
- Portable snacks and two water bottles with your favorite electrolyte solution
- Face covering to enter any establishments
Remember to ride within your abilities on the climbs and the descents. Safety is always first.
Finally, MARK YOUR CALENDARS FOR SAT. NOV. 6! Our signature event, the Sikh Century Ride to Yuba City will be on Nagar Kirtan weekend! We’ll be riding over 100 (flat) miles from West Sacramento Gurdwara to Yuba City Gurdwara and back. Details are on our Strava club page here.
Looking forward to seeing you at our next rides! Feel free to Contact Us with any questions.